Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The mirror ....


What a surprised morning it was! I could not sleep again. Half the city was sleeping. In that morning I felt very unusual feeling that I never felt before in my life, it was so unusual, I cannot even term the name of that feeling. Everything looks unusual in that morning.

I saw the mirror which was hanging on my wall, very strange, I felt like it was calling me. Like he was whispering me something, a very important lesson of life. I was curious, and because of my curiosity I went to see the mirror. I turned my face towards it, I saw my face. What a disappointment, I thought, nothing special is there, and it is the same mirror I see every day. When I was just about to turn away from that mirror, I again felt as the mirror was whispering me something, though the voice was not clear.  
It was strange, and I felt little fear too. Since I was brave (ha ha) I stand in front of the mirror for few minutes and I was trying to understand what the mirror was actually trying to say me. When I looked deeper inside the mirror, I saw me. I saw my eyelid which tells about the things which is inside my brain, about the happiness and sadness.  After sometime, slowly I started understanding what the mirror was telling me.  
That day, the mirror, which was hanging on my wall, taught me a very important lesson of life, i.e. “Life is all about reflections of what we do and think”. When I smiled, the person inside the mirror smiled me back. When I frowned, the person inside the mirror also showed me the same frowning face. When I had doubt in my mind, the person in front of me also doubted at me. When I love, I get the love back.  When I trust, I get the trust back. When I hurt, I hurt myself more.

Now I regret by thinking, why I didn’t know this lesson before. Life is all about actions and reactions. I read it in spiritual books - about good karma and bad karma, and also read in my science paper - actions and reactions. I feel it is an universal truth. I believe the sufferings we get are because of few actions that we did in the past and happiness we get is also because of good things we did in the past. Forming a career, keeping a relationship, managing a company etc. is just like gardening in my home garden. The kind of fruit we get, the kind of result we get, is depend on the kind of seed we sowed. This is where the knowledge and wisdom comes into play, to assist us in deciding the right action which will lead us to get the right reaction/result.

No comments:

Post a Comment